As the clock goes back, you will need a bit of warmth at night. What best than a soup with a bit of Caribbean flavour to make your nights cosier and warmer.
This soup is easy to do and will give you all the necessary vitamins you will need to face the cold weather. Plus it has a bit of a twist that Caribbean food always adds to any dish.
- Heat the oil.
- Chop all your vegetables up, the leeks in slices and pumpkin, parsnip potatoes in cubes.
- Fry the oxtail adding 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the oxtail have slightly browned crush the garlic and add along with the sliced onion.
- Add the Creole curry powder, make sure all sides of the oxtail are fried and getting a bit of the curry colour.
- Add the Maggi seasoning and sweet chilli sauce.Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and lower the heat of your plate or cooker to a medium heat.
- Put the lid of you pan to help the vegetable steam. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato. Stir and leave for 2 mins.
- Add 50cl of water and let simmer for 30 mins.
- Once the vegetables are fully cooked, use a skimmer to remove them from the stew.. Use you blender to mix the cooked vegetables.
- Once mixed, add to the stew left on the cooker on low heat. Cook for another 10 mins.